STATEMENT OF FAITH
The South Lake Church of Christ is a non-denominational Christian denomination that adheres to the belief that the Bible is the only authoritative source of doctrine and practice. Therefore, its statement of faith is based solely on the teachings of the Bible. While different congregations may have slightly different variations, the following is a general outline of the South Lake Church of Christ's statement of faith:
- The Bible is the inspired word of God and is the only source of authority for Christian faith and practice.
- God is the creator of the universe and all that is in it. He is eternal, all-powerful, and all-knowing.
- Jesus Christ is the son of God, and he came to earth to save humanity from sin through his death and resurrection.
- Salvation is available to all who have faith in Jesus Christ, repent of their sins, confess their faith in Christ, and are baptized by immersion in water.
- The Church is the body of Christ, and all believers are members of it. Each congregation is autonomous and governed by its own elders and deacons.
- The Lord's Supper is a memorial of Christ's death and is observed every Sunday in remembrance of him.
- Baptism is essential for salvation and is the point at which a person is added to the Church.
- Worship should be simple, reverent, and based solely on the teachings of the Bible.
- Christians are called to live holy lives, to love one another, and to share the gospel with others.
- The return of Christ is imminent, and all will be judged according to their works on the Day of Judgment.